Which overlander is best?

A discussion forum for Land Rover owners. Questions about "bush" preperation and how to kit these vehicles out for overland travel are invited here...
macx4

Which overlander is best?

Postby macx4 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:16 pm

We are in need of a vehicle that can do bush tracks. Middelmannetjies. Ground clearance, much dust, gravel, sand, mud, some sharp rocks etc.

We are considering '14 Defender, Disco4 SE, Rangey Sport in S-trim, not HSE. On the latter, both SDV6 and SCV6 engines are being considered as well.

The 3 regular pax suffer from mild arthritis and one had spinal injury, has somewhat limited mobility. We hear stories of cramped legs and insufficient elbow space on Defenders.

Is the new traction control easily affected by dust?

Seating comfort in Defender on extended trips?

If all three Landy models cost the exact same price hypothetically, which would you buy for these trips and why would you decide upon your chosen model?

vlunger

Re: Which overlander is best?

Postby vlunger » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi there!

I am not sure about these questions. Where are you planning to buy your overlander from though?
Have you tried Gumtree before? http://www.gumtree.co.za/s-automotive-vehicles/v1c5p1

Let me know if you've used Gumtree before. I am also seeking out a new overlander.

macx4

Postby macx4 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:39 pm

vlunger wrote:Hi there!

I am not sure about these questions. Where are you planning to buy your overlander from though?
Have you tried Gumtree before? http://www.gumtree.co.za/s-automotive-vehicles/v1c5p1

Let me know if you've used Gumtree before. I am also seeking out a new overlander.

I will not buy from Gumtree as there are too many fraudulent deals. I will stick to an approved dealer instead.

My list now includes Fortuner V6 and Trailblazer V6, not going to buy a diesel vehicle at all. Now I need to compare this with a good used Disco4 V8. No rush, either.

vlunger

Postby vlunger » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Okay!
Thanks for your advice. :)

Return to “Land Rover”