How to obtain a VHF license !

Discussion, Questions and Answers, and information regarding the use of 2-Way Radios (29 Mhz and VHF) for convoy and offroad applications.
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

How to obtain a VHF license !

Postby Hennie » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:30 pm

Bruce Turner writes:

Now for what I think is the big news for everybody, the VHF Licence.

A frequency has been made available to ORRA for the offroad community which you
will get on application and payment of your Licence. The licence costs R120
per year and there is a admin fee R10 and a joining fee of R20. You have to
be a member of any club affiliated to the AAWDC. (Landrover club, 4x4 Club,
Toyota Lancruise club etc) And thats all there is to it.

If you purchase a Licence now for the first time (not having any other
radio licence before) it will cost you R170 (R140 licence fee, R10 admin,
R20 joining fee) and will be valid until Dec 2007. You will then be
allocated a call sign and you will then be legal. You will also be able to
go and purchase a couple yellow stickes with numbers and letters on them,
matching your call sign, to stick on the back of your truck so others can
recognise you. :)


ORRA frequency

Postby gregmoll » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:24 pm


What frequency has been allocated to ORRA for the VHF band.



Re: How to obtain a VHF license !

Postby Kagiso » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 am

Hi Gents - are these arrangements still valid [i see the previous posts were made in 2006]
Thanx & Mooiloop
Oom Mac

Return to “2-Way Radios”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest